Position: C-STEM Program Manager
Payroll Title: PUBL EDUC SPEC 3
Under the general direction of the Director of the UC Davis Center for Integrated Computing and STEM Education (C-STEM), the C-STEM Program Manager plays a leadership role in planning, design, development, marketing, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of the C-STEM program and new initiatives. Responsible for curriculum, professional development, grant writing, and collaboration with C-STEM stakeholders. Also responsible for supporting district/school IT staff and teachers to implement the C-STEM program.
The UC Davis Center for Integrated Computing and STEM Education (C-STEM) is housed in the UC Davis College of Engineering. C-STEM is a UC Approved Educational Preparation Program for Undergraduate Admission to all UC campuses. C-STEM has UC A-G Program Status with A-G approved rigorous courses for UC/CSU admission. C-STEM engages students through integrated learning of math and science with hands-on coding, making, and robotics. The C-STEM Center works to empower educators to confidently integrate technology into their classroom while maintaining focus on the objectives and standards that they currently teach. Through the C-STEM program and curriculum, teachers use technology to extend learning as well as provide alternative experiences for students who do not flourish in a regular textbook classroom. Technology is used as a tool to help students expand their critical thinking skills and their ability to apply STEM concepts to real-world situations. The Center, under the directorship of Professor Harry Cheng, has several staff, graduate and undergraduate students and collaborates working closely with numerous education, technology and industrial partners and volunteers.
Lift and/or maneuver boxes of files/records weighing up to 25 lbs.
Sit at computer for extended periods of time.
Required to work some evening and weekend hours based on program need and priorities. Required to travel frequently. Provide own vehicle to attend training, events, conferences, etc.
UC Davis is a smoke- and tobacco-free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
Background check required.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience in STEM and education related fields.
- Strong computer skills and computer programming experience in C, C++, Java, or Python.
- Experience working with youth.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, presenting concise and clear information to diverse internal/external stakeholders; including reports, written communications, and presentations to key audiences.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines and balancing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, with minimal supervision and coordinating the work of contributors with attention to detail, while completing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Technology, Design, Management, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Robotics experience.
- Experience working with Arduino and experience using Adobe Illustrator
- Experience in program development, and project management, especially in grant funded programs in the STEM areas.
- Experience in developing STEM curriculum with computing and/or robotics.
Applicants will be screened on a weekly basis. The position can be filled prior to the deadline July 21, 2020. Apply here!