Join the UC Davis C-STEM Center for the 12th Annual Conference on Integrated Computing and STEM Education on Friday October 21, 2022 at UC Davis Conference Center. Explore engaging solutions to challenges in STEM education, learn from fellow teachers, and discover ground-breaking strategies for reaching ALL students and better preparing them for post-secondary education and careers. The theme of this 12th anniversary conference is “Integrated Math and CS Education with Equity and Social-Emotional Learning for All Students.”
C-STEM is a UC Approved Educational Preparation Program for Undergraduate Admission for all UC campuses. The rigorous C-STEM Math-ICT Curriculum provides K-12 students with up to 13 years of integrated learning of math and computer science. C-STEM has UC A-G Program Status. High schools can readily and easily add the “A-G approved” rigorous C-STEM curriculum integrated with computing and robotics to their own school’s A-G course lists to satisfy the UC/CSU admission requirements. C-STEM provides professional development for teachers through the Joint UC Davis and UC Riverside Computer Science Supplementary Teaching Credential Authorization Program.
The conference provides a forum for policy makers, researchers, district and school administrators, K-12 STEM teachers, and industrial partners to share their vision, research results, best practice, and experience on transforming math education with hands-on coding and robotics, especially on closing the math achievement gap for at-promise students and English language learners.
Gain first-hand experience integrating computing and robotics into STEM curriculum with our hands-on breakout sessions featuring Linkbots, Arduino, and more. See how teachers have successfully impacted students from ALL backgrounds through C-STEM Math with Robotics, CS/STEAM with Robotics, Afterschool and Summer Robotics Camps for Accelerated Math Learning, GIRL/GIRL+ Camps, Ujima GIRL/GIRL Project, level-playing-field RoboPlay Competition. and Redlands USD m
Also learn more about the Joint UC Davis and UC Riverside Computer Science Supplementary Teaching Credential Authorization Program and how Redlands Unified School District achieve 10% higher math scores for students of 35 C-STEM Teachers.
A group of C-STEM teachers, administrator, and superintendent will be recognized as C-STEM Teacher of the Year, C-STEM Administrator of the Year, and Superintendent of the Year for their extraordinary pioneering work on integrated learning math with hands-on coding and robotics.
UC Davis Conference Center
Call for Nomination of C-STEM Educator Awards
Nominations are currently being accepted for C-STEM Educator Awards (C-STEM Teacher of the Year, C-STEM Administrator of the Year, C-STEM Superintendent of the Year) with certificates from California Department of Education, California legislature, and University of California at Davis, to be presented at the conference on October 21.
You can find the Award Nomination forms here or click on “2022 Educator Awardees” to the left.
*The deadline to submit nominations for C-STEM Education Awards is Monday, September 23*
Keynote Dialogue and Plenary Speeches
Keynote Dialogue: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Building the STEM Talent Pipeline
Speaker: Dr. Renetta Garrison Tull, Vice Chancellor of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, UC Davis
Moderator: Lisette Estrella-Henderson, County Superintendent of Schools, Solano County Office of Education
Plenary Speech: Redlands Success Story on Achieving 10% Higher Math Scores for C-STEM Students, Mauricio Arellano, Superintendent and Deepika Srivastava, STEAM & Innovation Coordinator, Redlands Unified School District
Plenary Speaker: Integrating Coding and Robotics into Math Education – Our Journey, Our Story to Prepare Students for Careers Today, Dr. Alfonso Jiménez, Superintendent of Schools, Hacienda La Puente Unified School District
Lunch Plenary Panel Session: Integrated Math and CS Education with Equity and Social-Emotional Learning for All Students, Dr. Monica K. Makiewicz, Associate Superintendent of Teaching and Learning, Fontana Unified School District
Many hands-on breakout sessions are designed for Learning through doing. Learn from experienced C-STEM teachers to share their experience on how to integrate computing, robotics, Arduino into their STEM classes for hands-on learning to close the achievement gap. Bring your own laptop of Windows, Mac OS X, or Chromebook to join many hands-on sessions to learn, and take the latest technologies, curriculum, know-how, and excitement to your classroom teaching and making. Check out our breakout sessions.
Breakout Session 1
- Getting Started with RoboBlocky for Absolute Beginners to Teach Math/CS/STEAM with Robotics (Bring-Your-Own-Computer)
- Arduino: Introduction to Basic Electronics and Creative Problem Solving for Physical Computing (Bring-Your-Own-Computer)
- Strategies for Integrating C-STEM K-12 Math-ICT Curriculum into K-12 Education
Breakout Session 2
- Live Teaching: Students Learning Math with Coding and Robotics in Action
- Hands-on Experience on Engaging Secondary School Students Learning Math with Coding and Robotics (Bring-Your-Own-Computer)
- How to Integrate Coding, Robotics, and RoboPlay Competition into Elementary School Math Education
- UCD/UCR CS Supplementary Teaching Credential Authorization Program, C-STEM Certification for Teaching Credential Programs at Universities
Breakout Session 3
- Music, Art, Language Arts, Makerspace: Full STEAM Ahead (Bring-Your-Own-Computer)
- Hands-on Experience on Engaging Elementary School Students Learning Math with Coding and Robotics (Bring-Your-Own-Computer)
- How to Integrate Coding, Robotics, and RoboPlay Competition into Secondary School Math Education
- Expanded Learning: Girls In Robotics Leadership (GIRL)/GIRL+ Camps, Ujima GIRL Project, Afterschool and Summer Robotics Camps for Accelerated Math Learning
- Exploring Computer Science with Robotics (K-12 CS/STEAM) (Bring-Your-Own-Computer)
- Early bird registration until September 23, 2022: $100
- Registration deadline for the Conference is October 14, 2022. After early bird deadline, but before October 14, 2022 deadline: $120
- Please register through our Eventbrite page.
- Registration via Purchase Order: Send a Purchase Order including the attendees’ full names and email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The C-STEM Center does not directly deal with reservations but can recommend sites that have been known to offer discounted or contracted rates for UC Davis events. Please call hotels directly to confirm.